Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 4 to 24 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Curried Pork Kabobs
1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup plain low fat yogurt
2 tablespoons ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In medium bowl stir together yogurt, orange juice and seasonings; add pork to bowl, stir to coat with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade; shaking cubes gently to remove excess marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Skewer pork evenly on skewers.
- Grill over medium-hot fire, turning frequently, for about 10 minutes, until nicely browned.
These curry-kissed kabobs are great hot off the grill, served with a cucumber vinaigrette salad and hot white rice tossed with some chopped cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.