Makes: 3 - 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Latin Pork Back Ribs with Smoky Pineapple-Mango
3 to 4 pounds back ribs
2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
(preferably Mexican oregano)
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Smoky Pineapple-Mango Sauce :
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3/4 cup chopped fresh mango
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves (Mexican)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In small bowl, stir together rub ingredients; rub onto all surfaces of ribs.
- Grill ribs over indirect* medium heat (about 350ºF.) for 1 hour.
- Place sauce ingredients in food processor or blender container; process until nearly smooth.
- Reserve half of sauce to serve with finished ribs.
- Brush remaining sauce on ribs; grill for an additional 30 minutes until ribs are tender and meat pulls from the bone.
- Heat reserved sauce and serve with ribs.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.