Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 4 - 24 hours
Cook Time: 2 hours
Memphis Dry Ribs
4 pounds pork loin back ribs or meaty spareribs
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon celery salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups wood chips (use hickory or oak chips for the best flavoer)
- Cut ribs into 4 portions.
- Place ribs in shallow dish.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, celery salt, cumin and black pepper; rub evenly over meaty side of ribs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Drain before using.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Add 1/2-inch hot water to drip pan. Sprinkle half of the drained wood chips over the coals.
- Place ribs, bone side down, on grill rack over drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until ribs are tender.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.