Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 4 - 24 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Santa Fe Chops with Firecracker Salsa
6 boneless pork center loin chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 jalepeno chilie, seeded and minced*
1 20-oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 medium cucumber, diced
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Pinch of salt
- Firecracker Salsa
- In small bowl stir together pineapple tidbits, diced cucumber, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and jalapeno chile (*Wear rubber gloves when handling hot chile).
- Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In small bowl mix together chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt.
- Rub evenly onto both sides of chops.
- Grill chops directly over fire for a total of 12-15 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with Firecracker Salsa.
Southwest-seasoned chops arrive from the grill to be dressed with a sweet-hot pineapple-jalapeno-cucumber salsa. Hot cornbread with honey-butter makes a great accompaniment.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.