Makes: 12 servings
Prep Time: 4 - 24 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Spicy Beer-Brined Grilled Pork Loin
3-pound boneless pork loin
1 12-oz can beer
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup prepared mustard
1/4 cup cooking oil
1-2 tablespoons chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place pork in large self-sealing bag.
- In medium bowl, stir together beer, corn syrup, onion, mustard, oil, chili powder and garlic; pour over pork, seal bag and toss gently to coat pork.
- Refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat, indirect cooking.
- Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade for basting liquid.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill pork over indirect heat, away from fire, basting every 10 minutes with reserved marinade, until internal temperature reads 150-155ºF. , about 1 hour.
- Remove pork from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.