Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Overnight
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Thai Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Vegetables
3/4 -1pound pork tenderloin
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile*
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 medium zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into 6-8 pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 6-8 pieces
Fresh cilantro springs, for garnish
*Wear rubber gloves when handling hot chilies.
- In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, minced cilantro, brown sugar, jalapeno, garlic, grated ginger and sesame oil.
- Reserve 4 tablespoons soy mixture, set aside.
- Put remainder of soy mixture with tenderloin in a self-sealing plastic bag.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove pork from marinade; discarding marinade.
- Grill 8-10 minutes per side or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 155ºF. (total time about 20-25 minutes)
- Brush vegetables with reserved soy mixture and grill 4-5 minutes per side or until tender and starting to brown.
- To serve, slice tenderloin into 3/4-inch slices.
- Fan slices around outside edge of serving platter; place grilled vegetables in center.