Makes: 5 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Crispy Brick-Grilled Barbecued Chicken
3 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 broiler-fryer chicken (3-1/2 lb.), cut lengthwise in half
3/4 cup BULL'S –EYE® GUINNESS Draught Beer Blend Barbecue Sauce, divided
- Preheat greased grill to medium heat.
- Wrap two bricks with foil; set aside.
- Mix seasonings; rub under chick skin.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce into small serving bowl; set aside to serve with the cooked chicken.
- Place chicken, skin-sides down, on center of grill grate.
- Top each with one wrapped brick.
- Turn off burners directly below chicken; cover grill with lid.
- Grill chicken 30 min., turn chicken. Replace brick.
- Grill and additional 15 min. Remove brick. Brush chicken with half of the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Continue grilling 15 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170ºF), turning and brushing occasionally with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Serve with the reserved 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Kraft Foods.