Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Southwestern Chicken Breasts
4 boneless Chicken breast halves
1/4 cup lime juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
8 slices Cheddar cheese
- In 9-inch square baking pan stir together oil, lime juice, chilies, and garlic.
- Add chicken breasts; marinate, refrigerated, at least 1 hour, turning every 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking.
- Remove chicken from marinade; drain.
- Grill chicken 10 minutes; turn.
- Continue grilling until thoroughly cooked, about another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 slices cheese.
- Cover and grill until cheese begins to melt.
- Serve with salsa.
Recipe courtesy of National Chicken Council and U.S. Poultry and Egg Association.