Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
4 Two lb. Maine lobsters, live
1 lb. salted butter
4 cloves garlic, mashed
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 shallots, minced
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
Juice of 1/2 medium orange
2 tbsp. fresh tarragon
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh lemon wedges
- Sauté shallots and garlic in saucepan for five minutes or until soft.
- Add rest of ingredients except lobster and lemon wedges, and heat until butter is melted.
- Set aside and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Line grill with aluminum foil. Do NOT cover the entire cooking area with aluminum foil.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Split lobsters by placing on its back, sever the spinal cord by inserting a sharp knife between tail and body, then split lobster in half lengthwise.
- Remove stoach and intestinal vein.
- Crack claws and sprinkle meat with salt & pepper.
- Paint lobster with melted butter mixture.
- Place on grill flesh side down, cooking until there is a light char on the meat.
- Turn, baste with butter and grill until meat is firm.
- Remove lobster from grill and paint with melted butter, keep wrapped in foil.
- Remove claws from lobster.
- Place claws back on grill for 5-6 minutes more.
- Remove and serve with the split lobsters
Recipe courtesy of Rick Browne, www.barbecueamerica.com.