Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 10 - 30 minutes
Grilled Tuna with Fruit Salsa
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
Juice of one lime
4 (6-8 ounce) tuna steaks
1 cup chopped fresh plums
1 cup chopped fresh peaches
1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine pineapple juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, lime juice.
- Arrange tuna steaks in shallow glass dish
- Pour pineapple juice mixture over steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Coat a grill rack with vegetable cooking spray.
- Remove tuna from marinade and place on grill 4 to 5 inches above medium-hot coals (discard marinade).
- Grill just until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, allowing about 10 minutes per inch of thickness, turning once during cooking.
- Serve at once with fruit salsa.
Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute and aboutseafood.com.