Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Barbecues Vegetables Oriental
4 stalks celery, sliced diagonally 1/2 inch thick
4 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally like the celery
4 ounces snow peas, tips removed, sliced diagonally into two or three pieces
1 red pepper, cut in narrow strips
1 red onion, cut into eighths
1 bunch broccoli, stems peeled, cut in florets
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bellas tonight)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce (Diane uses 2 teaspoons)
1 tablespoon garlic (Diane uses a single clove)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger (Diane uses 1 teaspoon, we've both used ground ginger as a substitute, it's fine and in fact MIGHT be better)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Freshly ground pepper
- Prepare grill.
- Collect vegetables in a very large bowl.
- Stir together oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and salt and pour over vegetables.
- Stir well until vegetables are well coated.
- Divide vegetables among 8 (or more) strips of aluminum foil, each slightly longer than wide.
- Sprinkle each packet with pepper.
- Wrap foil around vegetables and seal.
- Place on hot grill for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are
- Remove from grill and serve.