Makes: 12 servings
Prep Time: 4 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Spicy Lime Grilled Prawns
48 large tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
4 limes, zested and juiced
4 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, chopped
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- Place the prawns and lime zest in a large, non-metallic bowl.
- Place the lime juice, chile pepper, garlic, ginger, and onion in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
Note: You may need to add a little oil to help blending.
- Pour over the bowl of prawns, and stir to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Thread prawns onto skewers.
- Brush grill grate with oil.
- Cook prawns for about 5 minutes, turning once.
Note: Cook until opaque