Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 - 30 minutes
1 pound ground beef (75% to 80% lean)
1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onions
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper
4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
1⁄4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1⁄2 cup chopped tomat
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine ground beef, green onions and cumin in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid and grill, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until no longer pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Place burger on bottom of each bun; top with cheese and tomato.
- Close sandwiches.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.