Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
10 large mushrooms, cut in half
2 green onions, minced
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
1/2 pound sliced thick cut bacon, cut in half
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, canola oil, and green onions.
- Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured.
- Alternate with mushroom halves and pineapple chunks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Arrange skewers on the grill.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.
Note: brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture