Makes: 4+ servings
Prep Time: 2 hours to overnight
Cook Time: 2 hours
Sweet Heat Wings
1 large bottle sweet chili sauce (this can be purchased in the Asian section of your supper market)
1 to 2 tablespoons Garlic chili garlic sauce (this can be purchased in the Asian section of your supper market, depending the heat you like more or less
8 cloves chopped Garlic
1 cup Honey
2 lbs chicken wings (cut up)
6 pack of your favorite beer
- Empty the sweet chili sauce in a bowl along with the garlic and garlic chili sauce, and honey, mix well at this point taste you may want to add more honey. (Honey will help cut the heat or if you like it hotter then add more garlic chili sauce)
- Wash the wings and pat dry add.
- Place wings into the mixture and cover.
- Marinade at least a couple of hours overnight.
- Prepare your grill for indirect cooking
Charcoal grill - add wood chips in a foil pack (you will need to add chips a few times)
Gas grill - then foil packs with wood chips or smoker box will work
- Remove the wings from the marinade and place on the grill.
- Reserve Marinade
- Put the reserved marinade into a sauce pan.
- Heat reserve marinade until it boils for a 5 minutes (keep your eye on this or it will boil over).
- Remove reserved marinade from the heat and set aside.
- Every 30 minutes turn the wings after dipping into the reserved marinade to coat and place back on the grill you will repeat this procedure until you have used all of the marinade. This usually takes a couple of hours (what this does is layer the flavor and allows you to have a couple of cold ones)
- Once wings are fully cooked, remove and serve with celery, blue cheese dressing and a cold beer.