Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 6 hours - Overnight
Cook Time: 15-30 minutes
1 1⁄2 pounds ground beef
1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion prepared barbecue sauce
4 slices (1 ounce each) Cheddar or American cheese
4 crusty rolls, split
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine ground beef and onion in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally.
- About 1 minute before burgers are done, brush with barbecue sauce; top with cheese.
- Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce and tomato; top with burger.
- Close sandwiches.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.